Monday, November 5, 2007

Montreal 2007 - Rollerblade



This picture was taken in August 2005 in the old port of Montreal,
I was really impressed by this guy's performances....oh yeah!




For some of you that are not yet familiar wit
h this: Rollerblades are the inline skates; the term "rollerblade" is frequently used in casual conversations as a for any inline skate. this brand name became a generic one. More about the history of the inline skating or rollerblading.
I am a big fan of this great sport; my first inline skates experience was in NYC in 1995, during a business trip. I bought my first skates there, and after crushing here and there with cabs and cars in Manhattan, I finally reached central park. Needless to say that most of the time I was on the ground after some spectacular falls.

Since - both the technology of the rollerblade and I improved a lot! When Edna and I arrived to Montreal in August 2005, Rollerblading became my favorite sport (well - during the winter I ski and ice-skate...) Daniel and I participated at some events recently,



here you can see us at the Montreal Marathon of September 2007, thanks to Peter Doucet you can see great pictures and a video of this event.








This is Daniel after a run of 4km at full speed, still alert, other pictures can be seen thanks again to Peter Doucet



This is me after achieving some 50km of the 128km of the Defi De L'Ile De Montreal thanks to Peter Doucet, you can see a video of this great event. Daniel did the 20km of the 4th segment in less than an hour. we are very proud of him and it looks like next year he will participate in the 2008 Island contest If you translate the words Defi De L'Ile De Montreal from French to English, you get the Montreal Island Challenge...

Here it is the place to add that beside being a great guy, Peter is a world class Inline Speed Skater and he finished the November 20th 2007 Montreal Island contest of 128km with the best ever time of 05:05 h.






No comments: